“They say” a lot of things about how you should raise your children and it can be totally overwhelming and stressful when what “they say” just isn’t practical for you and your children. Our guest, Lauren from They Say Parenting is here to tell you it’s okay and to talk about how she let go of what “they say” and how you can too!
CHECK OUT THE EPISODE BELOW:
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL HEAR ABOUT…
About They Say Parenting
- Everyone says something different about how one should parent, that it makes it difficult to know what is best.
- It is best to go with your gut because you know your children and their habits more than anybody.
- Lauren wants parents to know that they are not alone if they feel anxiety about the “rules” of parenting.
Goals for “They Say Parenting” blog
- You are not alone in this.
- We are great parents, mistakes and all. It’s ok not to be perfect, and in fact, it might even be better.
- We don’t always have to listen to what “they say” because there is no substitute for experience.
- The blog is an uplifting place that make parents feel better. A place that make parents feel confident knowing they are doing the right thing because it’s what they think is best.
Personal experiences from Lauren
- She felt pressure to breastfeed; however, it ended up not working for both her and her children. So, she made the decision to use formula in order to provide her children with the nutrients they needed.
- It’s ok to do something different that doesn’t follow the rules.
- For example, it’s alright to not have a super healthy dinner once in awhile.
Topics on Lauren’s blog and her upcoming book, They Say, Not Your Average Parenting Book
- Her honest experiences as a parent.
- Ideas/hacks/activities that have made parenting easier for her.
- It is not your average parenting book.
- Do’s and don’ts that have helped Lauren navigate parenting.
- Reminders that it is normal to question oneself as a parent.
- There are real tips from a real parent.
- Focus on your intuition or gut when parenting.
- You know best!
“There are occasions and instances where it doesn’t matter what ‘they’ say or what ‘they’ think, you just have to do what works.”
WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?
I would love to hear your thoughts on this episode! Comment below or send us an email!
HERE’S HOW TO SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW
Want to be the first to know when a new episode is released? Click here to subscribe to The Happy Student on iTunes!
Podcast reviews are important to iTunes and the more reviews we can receive, the more likely we will be able to get our podcast and important messages in front of more parents! I would greatly appreciate if you clicked here and left a review letting me know your thoughts on this episode!